Friday, April 25, 2014

Professional Hopes and Goals

                                                           
One hope that I have when I think about working with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds is that everyone working with children and families from diverse backgrounds will learn to respect diversity.

One goal I would like to set for the early childhood field related to issues of diversity, equity, and social justice, is that myself and others in the early childhood field get educated in other languages, and classes related to diversity, equity, and social justice, so that we can better assist children and families from diverse backgrounds.

Well classmates, we have come the end of another exciting journey. I want to thank all of you for your support, and concern these pass eight weeks because you have really helped to shape my career. GOOD LUCK to all of you.


5 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed reading your blog posts and wish you well on your continued journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great goal for yourself, as well as the ECE field. I have enjoyed your input during this course and wish you luck in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheena, great response. I like that your goal would be for all to learn different languages. It would be extremely helpful for us to be able to communicate with others on their level. I know that you will do good things in your profession. I wish you much success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheena,

    Respecting people for who they are and not what we think they should be is key to minimizing the damaging affects of diversity. I also like the idea of learning different languages in order to communicate with others.
    Good luck in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheena,
    I like your idea of getting educated in other languages. This has been a interest of mine for some time now. The ability to be able to communicate is such an important part of diversity. Best of luck to you as well in the future!

    ReplyDelete