Saturday, March 15, 2014

My Family Culture



Three items I would choose if a major catastrophe had almost completely devastated the infrastructure of my country and I had to be evacuated to another country would be my Bible, family photos, and medication.
Each of these items is very special to my heart. The Bible I read every morning and at night because I believe in God. I cherish my family photos because I have memories of family that has passed on. My medication is a daily necessity.
I would feel upset and disappointed if I was told upon arrival that I could only keep one personal item and had to give up my other two items because these are things that belong to me and I should not have to depart from them.
I know things such as this could happen but, I pray it never do. Until situations arise no one knows what their reactions will be.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad we have something in common as Christians Bible which you would be your first choice. It is difficult to actually know how one would feel if on has to choose only one thing because there would be a lot of things that would so important to everyone. As you have said, it is something one would not like to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked the same two items but never stopped to think about medication!! Medication is surely a part of me and my family because of our medical history but also as I look back all of my family has relied on their primary physicians to keep them healthy and trusted their knowledge and advice. Growing up in a small town our doctors were also friends. I have not had that luxury being a military spouse and realize that may be part of my "attitude" towards the care I am able to get now.
    Thank you for your post which made me reflect even more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that it is great that you are part of a religion which you believe in without a doubt and are so devoted to. The fact that you chose the Bible as the first thing that you would bring really shows its importance to you.
    I also chose to take a photo album with me. Photos bring up so many happy memories that you would never want to lose! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sheena, I think I brought the same items with me except the medication. I also never thought about it. It's very interesting to see what other people feel is very valuable to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sheena, I also choose to bring family photos along with me. I like the fact you mentioned bringing the bible and medication. I never would have thought to bring medication but would love to have my bible as well because I do believe religion is so important.

    ReplyDelete