Saturday, May 31, 2014

Who Am I as a Communicator?



During my communication evaluation this week, the one thing that surprised me the most was the evaluation done by my classmate. All of her evaluations communication, verbal, and listening was lower than my sister and I.
This week I gained insights about communication that I never really thought about. I now know that as I interact with others, I can get impressions from them that reveal how they evaluate me as a communicator (O Hair & Wiemann, 2012).
In the future, I will try to improve my communication skills because I know this will be a great step in my professional and personal life.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sheena,

    What did your evaluations reveal about yourself? What one skill do you think that you need to work on the most?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheena, this weeks evaluation really hit home for a lot of our classmates,me for one. I couldn't imagine our scores being so far apart on two of the survey. This is a lesson well learned. I will have to me more aware of what I do and say to others for now on. Thanks for your blog this week, it really made me think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Sheena, What do you think needs improvement the most when it comes to your communication skills? I think in some situations I need to work on being more of an attentive listener.

    ReplyDelete